2-day relief printing woodcut workshop with Michael Schlitz
Over the two day course students will learn all of the skills required to start making woodcut prints anywhere without the need for a printing press we will cover:
- Introduction and discussion of my approach to woodcut.
- Transfer of image.
- Explanation of relief printing tools sharpening the tools, cutting the block.
- Explanation of paper and how we deal with it and use it in process
- Demonstration of printing using the baren and the press.
- Registration and transferring the image onto another block for multiple colour printing
- Multiple colour printing
- Cutting personal block, proofing.
ABOUT MICHAEL…Michael Schlitz creates hand printed images without the use of a press. He has studied traditional and contemporary woodblock printing in Japan and has won many awards and grants for his work. This workshop is an opportunity to learn from his over 30 years experience in making prints.
We need a minimum of 3 people for this Workshop to go ahead, so please book early!! If our Workshop is full or past the closing date, please join the Cancellation List. Email Workshop Coordinator at email@example.com to register your interest. Bookings close on Friday 31th May, 2024.
Participants to bring:
- Drawing tools
- Stanley knife
- Woodcut tools (V gouge, U gouge, clearing chisel, Kento knife )
Log in if you already have an account with us.