MINI-PRINT EXHIBITION & SALE 2020
Welcome to the Hunter Island Press Mini Print Exhibition for 2020
The exhibition will be held from Tuesday, 17th November to Sunday 29th November, so put the date into your diary now. Opening night may be on Friday 20th November at 6pm subject to COVID-19 restrictions: further information will be sent out closer to the day.
Entries will need to be delivered direct to the Sidespace Gallery on Tuesday 17th November between 10am and 12noon.
Please note the following guidelines and procedures for submitting artworks:
• It is a condition of entry that all participating artists are current financial members of HIP. There is no entry fee.
• It is a condition of entry that all participants agree to sit at least one gallery shift. We also need volunteers to mark off entries, set up and take down the exhibition.
• Artworks may be any type of print, or mixed media with print being its major element. Prints can be editions or unique state, and artists can submit up to 46 entries each. A consignment sheet will be sent with confirmation of your entry.
• All works are to be submitted unmounted and unframed. Dimensions of artworks are to be 210mm x 210mm to ensure uniformity of exhibition
• Artwork must be the signed work of the exhibiting artist. Please clearly label print number, artist’s name and title of the work on the reverse side to correspond with the consignment sheet / print list.
• The HIP committee reserves the right to reject any prints that do not meet the standard, or are otherwise unsuitable for the exhibition.
• All prints are sold at a price of $40. HIP retains 30% commission of sales.
• The number of prints hanging at a given time will depend on wall space and number of works. It is anticipated that each artist will have at least one work on display at any time, unless all works submitted by that artist are sold.
• All works sold are wrapped in tissue paper, and another artwork by the same artist (if available) is taken from their folder and displayed in its place.
• The exhibition will continue on the last day until 4pm. Unsold artwork must be collected from Sidespace Gallery at the close of the exhibition.
Please Note, the organisers will take due care of artworks upon receiving them, however the ultimate risk of exhibiting work in a public space rests with the artist.
Please return your Expression of Interest by 17th October to: Rob McKenna: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel: 0474089403)